Why Join IACCP?
"Rendering Borders Obsolete was the motto of the 19th International Congress of IACCP in 2008. No continent or country, nor any epistemological approach must be converted into a fortress. The motto of the 2008 Bremen congress stands for an ever-increasing free exchange of ideas and people in IACCP and beyond."
Klaus Boehnke, Bremen, Germany
The International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP) was founded in 1972 and has a membership of over 800 persons in more than 65 countries. The aims of the Association are to facilitate communication among persons interested in a diverse range of issues involving the intersection of culture and psychology. IACCP is affiliated with the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS).
Membership in IACCP provides many benefits, including:
• Paper and online subscription to the Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology
• Reduced congress and conference registration fees
• Full access to the IAACP Online Directory
• Member privileges on the IACCP website (iaccp.org)
• Participation in the IACCP discussion list
Your dues payments also support the work of the Association in promoting cross-cultural and cultural psychology, in particular:
• The Advanced Research Training Seminar (ARTS) program
• The Witkin-Okonji Travel Award for members from majority world nations
• The Triandis Award for outstanding dissertations
• Support for conferences of allied groups and organizations
• The eBook site Online Readings in Psychology and Culture (ORPC)
• Online publishing of congress books Consistent with traditional Association practice, dues are based on income.